Last Friday was a special day in this household. Not only was it SB’s 8-months-birthday, but also our 6 year wedding anniversary and our first day in Nordic City. The city hall clerk checked to make sure we had filled out the form correctly, and then congratulated us ;)
As I’ve been trying to write this post for a week, here are just some snippets from SB at 8 months:
- She’s rolling over and crawling and pulling herself up on anything within reach. I’m happy that she is so active, but also slightly freaked out. It’s not exactly easy to child-proof a temporary apartment that was furnished with business visitors in mind…
- Teething. She has the two bottom central incisors, and the upper ones seem to be on their way.
- Eating solids, and not just tasting them now, but actually getting calories out of them. Still nursing quite a bit, too. I keep wondering if she’s getting enough solids, especially with our current lifestyle that involves a lot of being out and about. Need to be more consistent about bringing something for her. We may just grab a bite in a coffee shop, but that usually isn’t the food I want her to have… The better approach would probably be to change our habits :o
- Sleep probably deserves a post on its own. Basically she sleeps well as long as she’s next to me. Which is fine for now (she has enough changes to cope with as it is) but not an ideal long-term situation.
- Enjoying the outdoors. I wasn’t planning to take her to a playground yet, but there is one across the street, so we gave it a shot:
- Overall she’s a very happy baby and it’s fun to be around her :)