There’s a picture of two embryos on our fridge.
The embryologist called yesterday morning to let us know that all our 10 embryos were still growing (!) and that two beautiful ones were ear-marked for transfer. The other, while not in bad shape, had some degree of fragmentation, and they didn’t feel comfortable growing them out to blastocyst stage. So we came in for a day 3 transfer. Everything was fairly relaxed as we were the only patients at the time, probably because of the weekend. We went over all the embryo ratings — and then had to decide whether to transfer one or two. Previously we had mostly been talking about a blast transfer, in which case we’d have transferred one, so it was kind of an ad-hoc decision… we went with two, because a 50% chance of getting pregnant sounded better than a 30% chance, even if it includes a 25% chance of twins.
For the rest of the weekend I tried to take it easy, although sometimes it seemed that my body confused “resting” with “nesting”. I love these two little ones already and hope so much that at least one of them sticks around for the next 9 months.
There’s two embryos in my uterus, and seven more in cryo sleep. I can hardly believe it.